Have you been dreaming about turning back the hands of time and reducing the signs of aging on your body, both internally and externally? If so, then you may wish to consider the benefits of peptide therapy, a cutting-edge treatment protocol that allows you to rebuild your body from the inside out. At the Wisconsin Institute of Functional Medicine in Appleton, Wisconsin, we regularly consult with patients to create tailored custom approaches, so you can harness the power of this revolutionary treatment. We seek to help you return to a time when you looked, felt, and performed your best.
Peptide Therapy Explained
Scientifically speaking, peptides are short-chain amino acids or proteins, and are biological molecules that occur naturally. All living organisms have peptides, and they serve to play active and important roles in varied types of biological processes. Ultimately, maintaining appropriate levels and concentrations of peptides is what allows us to achieve homeostasis, which leads to attaining optimal health and wellness. Therefore, peptides are responsible for how a person’s body performs each day and are tied to metabolism, immune system functionality, neuro-cognitive performance, sexual wellness, and energy.
Peptide therapy is a corrective action that targets areas that are imbalanced within our individual biological systems. The therapy introduces peptides into areas that are stressed, diseased, aged, or injured—and different types of peptides will target different parts of the body such as the brain, digestive system, metabolism, immune system, hormones, and more.
Meet Peptide Therapy Doctor, Dr. Page
Who is a Candidate for Peptide Therapy & What Conditions Has it Been Used In?
Peptide therapy can be used in many therapeutic ways and can treat the following conditions:
- Stress disorders
- Sexual problems, including lack of arousal and erectile dysfunction
- Inflammatory diseases
- Autoimmune disorders
- Obesity and even moderate weight gain
- Hormone imbalance
- Tissue injuries or damage, including tendons, joints, bone, and ligaments
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Metabolism problems
- Gut problems and gastrointestinal disorders
- Muscle breakdown
When was the last time you felt well? Get to the Root of the Problem with Functional Medicine!
What are the Key Benefits of Peptide Therapy?
By taking advantage of your body’s communication systems, peptide therapy works by influencing certain systems and triggering cells to realize that something needs to be done. Peptide therapy stimulates new functioning to occur within the body, which enables homeostasis to occur. And the benefits are plentiful. Peptide therapy has the ability to:
- Repair damaged or diseased tissues
- Modulate the immune system
- Improve sexual health, wellness, and function
- Enhance muscle building processes and promote muscle recovery
- Increase growth hormone levels naturally
- Improve joint health and mobility
- Protect against gut damage and enhance the functioning of the digestive system
- Support and improve cognitive function, mental focus, concentration, and memory
- Minimize body fat
- Decrease inflammation and reduce pain
- Increase physical performance, stamina, and athletic ability
- Enhance skin elasticity and eliminate wrinkles or signs of age
What Should I Expect from my Treatment?
To get the most from your peptide therapy, it is necessary to ensure you are fully informed and educated on the treatment and what you can realistically expect.
Here are some answers to other frequently asked questions regarding peptide therapy.
How Long Will I do Peptide Therapy?
The length of your peptide therapy will depend on what is being treated and your overall health and wellness. When you consult with Dr. Page, she will consider your specific issues and goals. Then, she will determine a treatment or injection schedule associated with your peptide therapy regimen. You will be encouraged to combine your peptide therapy with an active lifestyle, intermittent fasting, and a balanced diet to achieve optimal results.
Are There Any Side Effects? Is It Safe?
Yes, peptide therapy is safe. The FDA has cleared many peptides for use in medical and clinical settings by a licensed and knowledgeable medical practitioner trained on how to do peptide injections and create treatment protocols, like Dr. Page.
Know that there are a few side effects to this therapy; however, they are minimal. Some people have noted experiencing side effects that include drowsiness, injection site irritation or itching, dry mouth, and increased hunger or thirst.
How Long Until I See Results from my Treatment?
The length of time from when you undergo peptide therapy to when you begin seeing results can vary and depends on what is being treated and your overall health, lifestyle, and diet. However, on average most people begin experiencing some effects within a few weeks of their treatment. It is anticipated that you will see full results around the three-month mark and maximum effects at six months. You are encouraged to consult with Dr. Page on your specific treatment and its associated timelines.
Types of Peptide Therapy
The Wisconsin Institute of Functional Medicine offers a variety of peptide therapy options to fit your health and wellness needs, including:
- Brain Health: Peptides focused on neurological functions can help improve the brain’s metabolic processes, regulate hormones, and enhance cognitive abilities.
- Metabolic Efficiency: Peptides can be used to reduce fat, activate cellular processes, manage metabolic stress, and improve insulin resistance and energy production.
- Immunity: Growth hormone secretagogues can be utilized that will stimulate your pituitary gland and better regulate your immune system.
- Hormones: It is possible to increase and regulate hormone levels with peptides without undergoing hormone replacement therapy.
- Inflammation/Healing: Peptides can be used to address pain associated with the back, knees, shoulders, and other areas.
- Sexual Health: Peptides associated with addressing sexual dysfunction can help both men and women increase libido and improve sexual arousal.
- Gut Health: There are oral peptide solutions that can be implemented to improve your gastrointestinal and digestive function.
Other Things to Consider Before Getting Peptide Therapy
Peptide therapy is delivered via cream, oral tablet, or injection—and your delivery method will be determined by what you seek to achieve and what feels most comfortable. If you choose to do peptide therapy via injection, you will be thoroughly trained and educated on how to perform the injection yourself.
Are There Any Complementary Procedures I Should Consider as Well?
We always encourage patients who partner with us to examine their diet and lifestyle before pursuing any treatment. Our goal is to help you feel and look better by considering simple solutions and modifications first and foremost.
However, if you are wondering how you can make the most of your peptide therapy to achieve optimal results, you are encouraged to discuss diet and lifestyle with Dr. Page first to maximize your treatment. Additionally, once your peptide therapy is optimal, and if appropriate and needed, you may also consider stem cell treatment.