Have you been dreaming about turning back the hands of time and reducing the signs of aging on your body, both internally and externally? If so, then you may wish to consider the benefits of peptide therapy, a cutting-edge treatment protocol that allows you to rebuild your body from the inside out. At the Wisconsin Institute of Functional Medicine in Appleton, Wisconsin, we regularly consult with patients to create tailored custom approaches, so you can harness the power of this revolutionary treatment. We seek to help you return to a time when you looked, felt, and performed your best.
Peptide Therapy Explained
Scientifically speaking, peptides are short-chain amino acids or proteins, and are biological molecules that occur naturally. All living organisms have peptides, and they serve to play active and important roles in varied types of biological processes. Ultimately, maintaining appropriate levels and concentrations of peptides is what allows us to achieve homeostasis, which leads to attaining optimal health and wellness. Therefore, peptides are responsible for how a person’s body performs each day and are tied to metabolism, immune system functionality, neuro-cognitive performance, sexual wellness, and energy.
Peptide therapy is a corrective action that targets areas that are imbalanced within our individual biological systems. The therapy introduces peptides into areas that are stressed, diseased, aged, or injured—and different types of peptides will target different parts of the body such as the brain, digestive system, metabolism, immune system, hormones, and more.
Meet Peptide Therapy Doctor, Dr. Page
With triple board certification, including from the American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine, Dr. Tracy Page is the proud founder of the Wisconsin Institute of Functional Medicine. Dr. Page is triple board-certified in bioidentical hormone therapy, metabolic and cellular medicine, human performance optimization, and sports medicine. She possesses multiple degrees along with an Advanced Certification in Integrative Medicine and Peptide Therapy. Additionally, Dr. Page has been recognized as a leading authority in the Midwest U.S. on peptide therapy.
Who is a Candidate for Peptide Therapy & What Conditions Has it Been Used In?
Peptide therapy can be used in many therapeutic ways and can treat the following conditions:
- Stress disorders
- Sexual problems, including lack of arousal and erectile dysfunction
- Inflammatory diseases
- Autoimmune disorders
- Obesity and even moderate weight gain
- Hormone imbalance
- Tissue injuries or damage, including tendons, joints, bone, and ligaments
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Metabolism problems
- Gut problems and gastrointestinal disorders
- Muscle breakdown
What are the Key Benefits of Peptide Therapy?
By taking advantage of your body’s communication systems, peptide therapy works by influencing certain systems and triggering cells to realize that something needs to be done. Peptide therapy stimulates new functioning to occur within the body, which enables homeostasis to occur. And the benefits are plentiful. Peptide therapy has the ability to:
- Repair damaged or diseased tissues
- Modulate the immune system
- Improve sexual health, wellness, and function
- Enhance muscle building processes and promote muscle recovery
- Increase growth hormone levels naturally
- Improve joint health and mobility
- Protect against gut damage and enhance the functioning of the digestive system
- Support and improve cognitive function, mental focus, concentration, and memory
- Minimize body fat
- Decrease inflammation and reduce pain
- Increase physical performance, stamina, and athletic ability
- Enhance skin elasticity and eliminate wrinkles or signs of age
What Should I Expect from my Treatment?
In order to get the most from your peptide therapy, it is necessary to ensure you are fully informed and educated on the treatment and what you can realistically expect.
Here are some answers to other frequently asked questions regarding peptide therapy.
How Long Will I do Peptide Therapy?
The length of your peptide therapy will depend on what is being treated as well as your overall health and wellness. When you consult with Dr. Page, she will take into consideration your specific issues and goals. Then, she will determine a treatment or injection schedule associated with your peptide therapy regimen. You will be encouraged to combine your peptide therapy with an active lifestyle, intermittent fasting, and a balanced diet in order to achieve optimal results.
Are There Any Side Effects? Is It Safe?
Yes, peptide therapy is safe, and the FDA has cleared many peptides for use in medical and clinical settings by a licensed and knowledgeable medical practitioner who has been trained on how to do peptide injections and create treatment protocols, like Dr. Page.
Know that there are a few side effects to this therapy; however, they are minimal. Some people have noted experiencing side effects that include drowsiness, injection site irritation or itching, dry mouth, and increased hunger or thirst.
How Long Until I See Results from my Treatment?
The length of time from when you undergo peptide therapy to when you begin seeing results can vary and is dependent on what is being treated, as well as your overall health, lifestyle, and diet. However, on average most people begin experiencing some results within a few weeks of their treatment. It is anticipated that you will see full results around the three-month mark and maximum affects at six months. You are encouraged to consult with Dr. Page on your specific treatment and its associated timelines.
Types of Peptide Therapy
The Wisconsin Institute of Functional Medicine offers a variety of peptide therapy options to fit your health and wellness needs, including:
- Brain Health: Peptides focused on neurological functions can help improve the brain’s metabolic processes, regulate hormones, and enhance cognitive abilities.
- Metabolic Efficiency: Peptides can be used to reduce fat, activate cellular processes, manage metabolic stress, and improve insulin resistance, and energy production.
- Immunity: Growth hormone secretagogues can be utilized that will stimulate your pituitary gland and better regulate your immune system.
- Hormones: It is possible to increase and regulate hormone levels with peptides and without having to undergo hormone replacement therapy.
- Inflammation/Healing: Peptides can be used to address pain associated with the back, knees, shoulders, and other areas.
- Sexual Health: Peptides associated with addressing sexual dysfunction can help both men and women increase libido and improve sexual arousal.
- Gut Health: There are oral peptide solutions that can be implemented to improve your gastrointestinal and digestive function.
Other Things to Consider Before Getting Peptide Therapy
Peptide therapy is delivered via cream, oral tablet, or injection—and your delivery method will be determined by what you are seeking to achieve as well as what feels most comfortable. If you choose to do peptide therapy via injection, you will be fully trained and educated on how to perform the injection yourself.
How Much Does Peptide Therapy Cost in Appleton, Wisconsin?
The team at the Wisconsin Institute of Functional Medicine believes that cost should never be the reason why a person is not able to achieve improved health and wellbeing. As such, we have ensured all of our programs, including peptide therapy, remain affordable and accessible.
The cost of peptide therapy at the Wisconsin Institute of Functional Medicine in Appleton, Wisconsin, ranges between $60 and $500 plus for treatment. The cost of the service is dependent on what is being treated as well as the number of injections, oral treatments, or creams needed during the protocol. Please see pricing under the patient resources tab.
Are There Any Complementary Procedures I Should Consider as Well?
We always encourage patients who partner with us to examine their own diet and lifestyle prior to pursuing any treatment. It is our goal to help you feel and look better by considering simple solutions and modifications first and foremost.
However, if you are wondering how you can make the most of your peptide therapy in order to achieve the optimal results, then you are encouraged to discuss diet and lifestyle with Dr. Page first, so you maximize your treatment. Additionally, once your peptide therapy is optimal, and if appropriate and needed, you may also consider stem cell treatment.
Schedule a Consultation for Peptide Therapy
Are you intrigued by the possibility presented by peptide therapy? Then now is the time to contact Dr. Page and the team at the Wisconsin Institute of Functional Medicine in Appleton, Wisconsin, to schedule a consultation. Take advantage of Dr. Page’s deep knowledge in peptide therapy and standalone capability in the Midwest and begin realizing a better body from the inside out.