“Stress” is defined as how our body responds to a non-specific demand for change. Talk about a year that demanded change! 2020 has been stressful for us all. Today we’ll talk about what causes stress, why you have it and how to manage/combat it.
What You Will Learn
- How exercise can sometimes be a source of stress.
- Examples of different types of stress.
- The meaning of: “You can’t lift a board you’re standing on.”
- How stress presents and how your body deals with it.
- How your adrenal glands come into play.
- Cortisol, DHEA, norepinephrine and epinephrine.
- Effects of being under chronic stress.
- How a gratitude journal can help.
- Food and intermittent fasting
- Stress buffers.
- Diet, lifestyle, sleep is the foundation of managing stress.