Why You No Longer Sleep Like a Baby
One of the most important things you can do to help you age well, is to get plenty of sleep. But sometimes as we get older, different things negatively affect that ability. Today I’ll give you several suggestions for things you can do to help you get a good night’s sleep.
What You Will Learn
- Circadian rhythm and sleep explained.
- Prioritize exercise.
- The effect blue light has on your sleep.
- How food affects your sleep.
- Supplements for helping with sleep.
- Sleep apnea.
- Environmental toxins and sleep.
- Labs to get checked if you’re not sleeping well. Fasting insulin. Fasting blood glucose. Progesterone. Estrogen. DHEA. Testosterone (free and total). Thyroid (TSH, free T3, free T4, TPO antibodies).
- The sleep tracking device Dr. Tracy uses. The Oura Ring. https://ouraring.com/
- H.I.T. (high intensity training)
- Stress and sleep.
- The importance of sleep hygiene and having a ritual. Examples of Dr. Tracy’s ritual.